FreeNAS 11.1, thank you, I think? (plugin performance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
When I open SabNZBD, QBittorrent, SickRage or Couchpotato, the speed in which the tab connects to the http UI for these plugins (still normal 9.0 "warden plugins" I believe) they ...... seem to open very very quickly.

It might be my imagination, I don't know, am I imagining this? The speed is fantastic, my poor little weak server, seems like it has new life in it, which I'm really surprised to admit, because LITERALLY 95% of the time, when software promises performance improvements, I've found it to simply not be the case.

Anyone else?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have not tested 11.1 yet, still migrating to my new pool but it's nice to see a report of a faster interface, as you said, that doesn't normally happen. What web browser are you using? Did that change at all recently? Also you could clear the web browser cache to see if that makes a difference.

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!

diskdiddler

Wizard
I'm using Chrome beta I think and I run in excess of 150 tabs open at a time, yet it's still insanely responsive compared to normal. Dunno if it's just my imagination but my chrome session wasn't even closed or reopened between my upgrading of FreeNAS and spotting the difference.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I run in excess of 150 tabs open at a time
I don't know how someone could do that. That is crazy talk! I start going crazy after 10 tabs or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.