FreeNAS-11.0-U1 (aa82cc58d) SMBD exited on signal 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxiom

Patron
I opened up dnsmgmt.msc on one of our DNS servers and removed all mentions of unavailable DNS server names/IPs from our forward lookup zones. I cleaned every subfolder from every lookup zone. Don't forget to remove entries from unavailable server IPs with the name "same as parent folder". After that, run nslookup and query for your domain name to see if it still returns invalid IPs.

As a temporary workaround, or just to verify if this is really your problem, you can force a valid DNS server IP on /etc/hosts of your FreeNAS. That's what I did before figuring out how to clean our DNS entries.

Thanks, wasn't expecting such a detailed reply - I take it none of this can be done in the web GUI? it seemed to have occured after migrating my freenas setup to a new box and redoing my network, I haven't actually messed with DNS settings or anything, it feels like it's trying to reach address that is no longer there in the new setup or something and I just need a 'flush dns cache' button or something.. problems are never ending with this are they. eesh.

Henius

Cadet
Using FreeNas 11.1-U4 - same problems... samba log is filled with same child errors everyone's having.

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
I found when updating the shares vfs settings (in my case I already had the zfs_space, zfs_acl, fruit, and streams_xattr. I added captia as well (which fruit recommends) and the errors stopped right then and there. I'm not sure if it is due to some sort of re-initializing (rewrite of smb.conf) or if it is related to adding captia. I kept winding up with my shares having strange issues with macOS. It would randomly screw up permissions and then attempt to write then FreeNAS would spit out an exit 6 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.