FreeNAS 10 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
I managed to set up FreeNAS 10 on a test system just to see how far along it has come. It was yesterday's nightly and I finally managed to install it. I was wondering if anybody kept up with the status of this project. It seems like it is pre-alpha. I guess the UI still needs tons of work to be done to it or am I missing something here? So far I noticed that the hardware isn't reported correctly in the dashboard. I am apparently running a 300MHz system with 64 cores. :)

Under system the hardware is completely mislabeled. I'm guessing the development of these areas hasn't even begun and generic system information was put in as a placeholder for later development.

A lot of the areas have no functionality. I went to System -> Boot Pool and only see:

system/boot-pool.reel

There are also no icons. I'm not even sure if the storage area (which seems to be the most developed thus far) is even really doing something. It looks like it may be but I'll have to check when I have a chance locally to see if the pool is even being created.

Just figured some people might have wanted to know where it is. It's pre pre pre alpha. On the brighter side. Looks like all development is only being done using one method (python) and the underlying install and FreeBSD side of it is solid. Just figured I would post this to let anybody wanting to try it that it has 0 functionality and looks like it will take quite a while before it really does.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Yeah - after the first 10-beta release, they decided that the UI needed a complete rewrite, so that is what you are seeing (and I agree it's pre-alpha). There is a lot at the CLI though. Stuff that could never be done in 9.x.

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
I heard. I just figured the ui was a bit more along than it is now. Hopefully they work on the ui updater so you can live update newer nightlies for testing and just swap the BE if it doesn't work. I didn't look into it much but is bhyve and docker implemented in the cli? Which cli are you talking about? The fnas 10 cli (that new thing) or the shell? Thanks.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I haven't played around with it much. I mean the "cli" run cli at the shell. I've been using it to update. in the cli type: "update update_now" and you can monitor the progress with "task show". when it's done, it will prompt you to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.