[FN 11.3_U1] letsencrypt auto-renew w/o downloading scripts or jails?

MrAkai

Dabbler
When I built a new NAS recently I installed web certs using ACME DNS (Route53) verification and the "Create ACME certificate" options as the instructions for the GUI indicated. I have several years of working with FreeNas 8 and 9 but this is my first 11 install.

The GUI indicates that the cert will be auto-renewed 10 days before expiring.

Well, I logged onto my box today and the cert was expired and had not been auto-renewed.

Using google-fu only leads me to articles (as old as 2017 and as new as a few months ago) that indicate you have to also install some acme.sh script either directly on the NAS or in a jail, but that doesn't jive with what the GUI indicated.

There is not a "Renew" button on the 3-dot menu for the certificate either.

I've created a new certificate for the time being but would really prefer if it renewed on it's own like it appears to be supposed to?

Any advice?

Thanks!

fabricante

Cadet
I had the exact same issue. My Lets Encrypt generated certificate expired after 90 days (as expected) and despite the auto-renew 10 days setting in the FreeNAS interface, nothing happened.

Is this feature broken in FreeNAS or is there some trick to get it to auto-renew using the built-in ACME UI and functionality?