First jail creation fails on 9.1 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanda

Explorer
When creating port or plugin jails on 9.1, it invariably fails the first time on a newly installed machine.

I can't be the only one with this problem?

ward0

Dabbler
Fetching jail environment. This may take a while...
get_freebsd_file i386/9.1-RELEASE/base.txz /mnt/data2/jails/.download/base.txz
===== 1% =====
get_freebsd_file i386/9.1-RELEASE/doc.txz /mnt/data2/jails/.download/doc.txz
===== 3% =====
get_freebsd_file i386/9.1-RELEASE/games.txz /mnt/data2/jails/.download/games.txz
===== 4% =====
Creating ZFS /mnt/data2/jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-i386-pluginjail dataset...
zfs create -o mountpoint=/data2/jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-i386-pluginjail -p data2/jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-i386-pluginjail
bootstrap_pkgng /mnt/data2/jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-i386-pluginjail pluginjail
Boot-strapping pkgng
ERROR: Failed boot-strapping PKGNG, most likely cause is internet connection failure.
ERROR: Failed extracting ZFS template environment
ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset
ERROR: Failed create default template
I have the same error , its looks like a write problem ??? Internet is not a problem , directly connected to router.

ward0

Dabbler
Pitty still no support , then they they have build in plugins ...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I remember something vaguely about weird issues with the i386 version with the jails. Someone thought it had to do with how little RAM you can allocate, but nobody really looked into it further. It was kind of expected if you wanted jails you'd be using ZFS, which also means you wouldn't be using the i386 version. If you follow that logic, then you wouldn't have your problem.

ward0

Dabbler
I remember something vaguely about weird issues with the i386 version with the jails. Someone thought it had to do with how little RAM you can allocate, but nobody really looked into it further. It was kind of expected if you wanted jails you'd be using ZFS, which also means you wouldn't be using the i386 version. If you follow that logic, then you wouldn't have your problem.

So what your saying is that instead of formatting my disk UFS i have to re-format in ZFS and that it should it work?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, what I'm saying(if what i'm remembering) is that you need to use ZFS. By choosing to use ZFS, you need to have at least 8GB of RAM and use the x64 version.

And, there's no guarantee that it will solve your problem. There's always the chance there's a hardware issue somehow involved.

ward0

Dabbler
No, what I'm saying(if what i'm remembering) is that you need to use ZFS. By choosing to use ZFS, you need to have at least 8GB of RAM and use the x64 version.

And, there's no guarantee that it will solve your problem. There's always the chance there's a hardware issue somehow involved.

the dev people should not make the plugins for x86 then no? anyway i don't have this hardware specs.

ward0

Dabbler
Love live the manuel :

NOTE: a ZFS volume is required to use Plugins. If you have created a UFS volume, you will need to
instead use Jails to install additional software.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There we go. That's where I saw it. I couldn't remember and searching the manual didn't help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.