SOLVED Memory leak during first jail creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Given

Cadet
Today I performed a clean install of FreeNas 11.1-RC1. I imported and upgraded my pools, and all seemed well. However, I cannot create jails or install plugins.

The creation of the first jail stalls during the "Creating Template" stage. From observing top, over 10-12 minutes the uwsgi process linearly increases its memory consumption, eating through my 5.5 GB each of free RAM and swap space until everything is fully allocated and the process crashes in a hail of "swap_pager_getswapspace(x): failed" errors.

Any ideas? Is it possible to manually download the jail templates? I supposed I could get more RAM but at the failure point uwsgi is trying to use 15 GB as it is.

System Information
Build: FreeNAS-11.1-RC1
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
Memory 8126MB 2 x Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory Model KVR16E11S8/4
MB SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCL-F-O
ZPOOL 5 x HGST Deskstar 3.5-Inch 2TB 7200RPM SATA II 32MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (0F10311)
Boot Vol Some 8gb USB stick
System Dataset 40 GB SSD

Last edited:

None Given

Cadet
Follow-up:

I've tried this on a clean install of 9.10, with similar results. The only difference is that the python process eats everything instead of uwsgi.

None Given

Cadet
Follow-up #2:

In the middle of all this trouble with FreeNAS, I had upgraded to an Eero mesh networking installation. Due to problems with other devices on my network, I decided to return the Eero and revert to my previous setup. Now jail creation works with no problem.

tldr; Eero is a steaming pile and will waste tens of hours of your time. Don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.