Export/Disconnect Pool Error

Berkyjay

Contributor
I'm trying to remove a pool so I can remake a new pool with the drives. But every time I run the export/disconnect command I get the following error:

Apr 18 10:34:02 freenas uwsgi: [middleware.exceptions:36] [MiddlewareError: Failed to remove mountpoint /mnt/Backup: [Errno 16] Device busy: '/mnt/Backup']

I'm running version FreeNAS-11.2-U8

Berkyjay

Contributor
Hi is there anyone able to help me with this? I am still unable to disconnect my pool and I am out of ideas.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You could either figure out which service is using that mount and stop it (probably one of the sharing protocols, so you could just stop SMB/NFS/AFP services, for example), or you could force the unmount with zfs unmount -f /mnt/Backup before trying to detach the pool.

Berkyjay

Contributor
You could either figure out which service is using that mount and stop it (probably one of the sharing protocols, so you could just stop SMB/NFS/AFP services, for example), or you could force the unmount with zfs unmount -f /mnt/Backup before trying to detach the pool.

I turned off my SMB service (the only one running) and I tried the unmount command you provided. I'm still getting the /mnt/Backup: [Errno 16] Device busy .

Someone on a Reddit thread I made gave me this command to try: fstat | grep /mnt/Backup to see what processes were running on it. But it returns nothing. I can't think of a damn thing that would be holding up this pool. Is there no way to brute force it to unmount? There is no data on that pool to save FWIW.

Berkyjay

Contributor
OK I ran zpool clear Backup. Once I did that I noticed that a mount point for this pool was showing up in a Plex jail. Not sure how that happened. But once I removed the mount point I was able to disconnect the pool. :confused: