Radarr v3.2 dotnet5 binary / Radarr v4 dotnet6 binary

dnilgreb

Contributor
Thank you for this.

I admit I had some trouble getting it done but now, a couple of hours later, it´s up and running, with my previos config restored and all is well.
I had Radarr running under Mono 5.2, and it was the latest release available (don´t recall the exact version).
Here´s what I did:

Stopped radarr.
copied the config in /usr/local/radarr to a temporary folder locally.
deleted /usr/local/radarr
removed radarr and mono with pkg
Using pkg, I installed Radarrv3-3.1.0.4625_updateable.txz that I had stored in /tmp.
Stopped the jail, and checked allow_mlock under jail properties.

Started jail and confirmed radarr was running under .NET.

tried to upgrade radarr to the current version, which was the same I had before under Mono.
That didn´t work, because of privileges on /tmp/radarr_backup/config.xml. Fixed that and the upgrade went through.

Stopped the jail.
Copied my previously saved config into /usr/local/Radarr
Started the jail.

All done. All my config and movies intact, now running under .NET

dnilgreb

Contributor
Discovered a couple more things. First of all, my new Radarr install wouldn´t communicate with Jackett anymore.
Replaced Jackett with Prowlarr instead going into details of why it didn´t work.

Added a few new titles from my IMDB lists, and discovered a problem with coverart. Privileges once again. It turned out the radarr user only had read access to /usr/local/Radarr/MediaCover. Changed that to rw privileges, pressed Update all, which then worked fine.

stillka

Explorer
Why not install fresh jail and restore backup created on mono version?

I did it, 15min work, backup restored OK....

Version 3.2.2.5080.
NET Yes (5.0.5)

Final(?) bump.

THIS IS NOW IN PORTS/PKG. Please see: https://wiki.servarr.com/radarr/installation#freebsd and https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/
THIS GUIDE IS OBSOLETE!
YOU CAN USE IT AS AN OUTLINE TO PORTING OTHER DOTNET THINGS TO FREEBSD IF YOU WANT :)
... but what about Ombi??? Just found out about your github pkg ressource, nice work Frank!

Or anyone successfully deployed the new kid in town ... Overseerr?
Is there still no requesting application that connects to the .arrs that actually works with freebsd?

Last edited: