Guide: Truenas core .Net Radarr install

TYz

Cadet
My smooth brain wasn't able to find a guide idiot proof enough for me to work out, so here is what I have been able to put together to get radarr to run in jails using .net.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radarr

1. Create a jail using the Truenas GUI. Once the jail is created, click edit, head down to jail properties and tick:

allow_raw_sockets
allow_mlock

2. Open up the jail shell and enter these commands.
Make sure to change the USER / GROUP / UID to your preferred preference. e.g. radarr / radarr / 901

portsnap fetch

portsnap extract

cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/radarr/ && make install clean

pkg upgrade && pkg update

pw useradd -n USER -u UID -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin

chown -R USER:GROUP /usr/ports/net-p2p/radarr/

sysrc 'radarr_user=USER'

sysrc "radarr_enable=YES"

3. To get sonarr to update through the webui you will need to do the following:

NOTE: The built-in updater is disabled. If you like to use the updater, remove the file /usr/local/share/radarr/package_info, chown the directory /usr/local/share/radarr/bin to radarr and restart radarr The built-in updater can now be configured in the Settings tab of radarr NOTE: While the built-in updater will update radarr it has side-effects: it breaks the ability of pkg to check for corruption in radarr files it breaks the ability of pkg to determine if it has removed files correctly during "pkg remove radarr" and also it breaks the fundamental understanding that updates should be handled only by the system that put the files there in the first place.

rm /usr/local/share/radarr/package_info

cd /usr/local/share/radarr

chown -R USER:GROUP /usr/local/share/radarr

service radarr start

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to:

Last edited:

FrankNAS

Contributor
https://wiki.servarr.com/radarr/installation#freebsd ? You will only need to build from ports if pkg is lagging behind. `latest` lags about 1 week from ports and quarterly...well, its quarterly.
I hosted a guide on my GH until an official dotNET build landed in ports/pkg, now I just redirect to the above

just as a heads up: future versions of *arr for FreeBSD won't even include the ability to use the updater. It will be removed entirely.

TYz

Cadet
Hi Frank,

I have had a read through you posts, but I wasn't able to follow your instructions in your forum posts as my knowledge is pretty limited.

The official wiki is great, however it is still installing radarr v3.2 (mono 6.8). I really wanted to see if I would be able find a way to get radarr v4 (.NET 6) to work, for no other real reason than to see if I could.

Thanks for the heads up about the updates, that bit of info will surely save me hours of googling why I can no longer update from within the webui!

msbxa

Contributor
Radarr Version: 4.0.2.5836 is already there in TrueNAS 12.U8 plugins and possible in previous 12.Ux. Make sure you tick these in jail properties:
allow_raw_sockets
allow_mlock

FrankNAS

Contributor
If the plugin system pulls from master/HEAD, it should automagically add in `allow_mlock`. `allow_raw_sockets` is not required but helpful for troubleshooting (and you can manually turn it on later if you want)

DeanB

Dabbler
Does anyone have a guide on how to custom path the appdata folder for the Radarr v4 jail install?

I previously following this guide for the previous version but the arguments for the rcfile have likely changed.

I have an app dataset and prefer to have the same setup for easier reinstall/backup reasons.

FrankNAS

Contributor
Radarr in ports/pkg uses "--data=${radarr_data_dir}" as a part of the rc command. you can use sysrc to change where that points

hertzsae

Contributor
Here's the commands I used to install radarr now that it sits in ports. The line you're looking for is the 2nd to last one.
Code:
bash
# Create the jail
iocage create -n "radarr" -r 12.2-RELEASE interfaces="vnet0:bridge0" defaultrouter="none" vnet="on" dhcp="on" bpf="yes" allow_raw_sockets="1" allow_mlock="1" boot="on"
iocage update radarr

# Update to the latest repo
iocage exec radarr "mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos"
iocage exec radarr "echo 'FreeBSD: {url: \"pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/\${ABI}/latest\"}' > /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf"
iocage exec radarr pkg update

# Install dependencies
iocage exec radarr pkg install -y radarr

# Mount storage and config
iocage exec radarr mkdir -p /config
iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/Vol1/jail_config_data/radarr /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/Vol1/media /media nullfs rw 0 0

# Create media user and group
iocage exec radarr "pw groupadd media -g 816"
iocage exec radarr "pw useradd -n media -u 1001 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin"

iocage exec radarr chown -R media:media /config

#iocage exec radarr vi /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr
iocage exec radarr sysrc "radarr_enable=TRUE"
iocage exec radarr sysrc radarr_user=media
iocage exec radarr sysrc radarr_group=media
iocage exec radarr sysrc radarr_data_dir="/config"
iocage exec radarr service radarr start

DeanB

Dabbler
Perfect thanks!

Before seeing this, I ended up getting it working by mounting the jail's /usr/local/radarr directly to my appdata folder. Thinking this cut out the middle redirect step but not sure if this isn't recommended?