ESXI high D/AVG

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
4670a4ff-164d-46b2-9f47-1b50293d3f43
Having issues with a high D/AVG and was wondering if you guys see anything I'm not for this. I've posted the debug. This is going over a dark fiber link over to another DC so we might just move it to see if this fixes it. Let me know if you see anything guys.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug-FreeNAS09-20171207103712.tgz
    361.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.4 KB · Views: 150

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
This is used as a backup for Veeam Cloud Connect, and is a 10GB link to the ESXI. I don't see any other problems other than high D/AVG from this storage to others while other FreeNAS devices don't have said high D/AVG. There is a networking differences between the working and nonworking, but was hoping for something more definitive than that. RAM is 16GB, Tank: 38TB>Veeam 30TIB. ARC: 227GB min and AVG, with a 0.8% l2ARC hit,

However upon logging in today I get the following critical alerts:

• CRITICAL: Nov. 10, 2017, 10:01 p.m. - The following multipaths are not optimal: disk7
  • CRITICAL: Oct. 10, 2017, 2:15 a.m. - Device: /dev/ada1, 516 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
Even though this was not showing before. So, I'm guessing this isn't helping out. I'm going to try for a disk replacement.

tvsjr

Guru
Yeah... post the output of "smartctl -a /dev/ada1" just to confirm, but it's pretty likely that drive is dead, which would cause your issue. It's also worrisome that you had to log in to discover this issue... you should have email alerting configured so you'll get these alerts proactively.

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
Well I think the storage as a whole was a issue as I was logged in when I created this ticket, and this wasn't showing as a critical at all. I then logged in today and got a email as well. So I think the system as a whole is a issue right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.