Errors on TrueNAS Scale First Boot (Failed to start Generate TrueNAS /etc files)

WBX

Cadet
Hi All,

I'm attempting a fresh installation of TrueNAS Scale using the latest ISO (22.02-Rc.1-1), and am running into some problems on first boot. I was able to install Core fine on this hardware (described below), but chose to wipe that installation and start over with Scale. Upon first boot after the installation completed, I got a series of warnings, and eventually the system got stuck at `A start job is running for Import ZFS pools (15min 21s / no limit)`, where it sits counting up forever. However, before that, it appears that another job (`Failed to start Generate TrueNAS /etc files`) also failed, which could be the cause of subsequent issues if config files in the /etc directory weren't generated. This happens every time the system attempts to boot. Below is an excerpt of the boot process.

1637445073291.png

While there shouldn't be any ZFS pool configurations as this is a clean install, for testing purposes I removed all of the drives from the system and ran into the same issue.

Here are the system specifications:

Motherboard: Supermicro X11SSV-Q
Processor: Intel i7-6700 CPU
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Drives (removed): 3x Seagate Ironwolf NAS 4TB

Any insight into this issue would be much appreciated!

DarksideVT

Cadet
I'm having this same issue. I'm running Truenas off a USB 2.0 though so I don't know if that's one of the issues.