Error when trying to make a new volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already have another volume of 12 x 4tb drives running perfectly on this machine
but i've added a new 4tb drive and trying to make a new volume from it but keep getting the same error again and again, tried changing the sata port as well.
i've checked the drive on another windows system and its working perfectly there giving 100% health as well

Here is the error
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U4 (89e3d93bc)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.100.110/storage/volumemanager/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
42. response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
249. response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py" in volumemanager
148. if form.is_valid() and form.save():
File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in save
309. raise e
File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in save
298. notifier().create_volume(volume, groups=grouped, init_rand=init_rand)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in create_volume
752. vdevs = self.__prepare_zfs_vdev(vgrp['disks'], vdev_swapsize, encrypt, volume)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in __prepare_zfs_vdev
687. swapsize=swapsize)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in __gpt_labeldisk
365. c.call('disk.sync', devname)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in __gpt_labeldisk
365. c.call('disk.sync', devname)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py" in call
421. raise ClientException(c.error, c.errno, c.trace, c.extra)

Exception Type: ClientException at /storage/volumemanager/
Exception Value: NOT NULL constraint failed: storage_disk.disk_passwd

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    74.1 KB · Views: 392

joeschmuck

Old Man
So let me understand you correctly, you are trying to create a new vdev using a single hard drive and you are not trying to join it to your current vdev of 12 drives, right? I'm sure it was clear to you when you typed in the message but you cannot leave it up for interpretation for us or we may provide you bad advice by accident. You could provide us the step you are taking that gets you to this error message. I don't do encrypted drives but when I see a message about passwords then I think "is this person creating an encrypted drive?"

While I don't always like to say this, have you tried to upgrade to FreeNAS 11.1-U6 and try it, assuming you are not trying to add another drive to your vdev of 12 drives?

The old volume isnt being upgraded. Creating a new separate volume using 1 4tb drive. And not using encryption

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

joeschmuck

Old Man
Did you power down the system to attach the drive? Just making sure you did not try a hot swap connection. I assume you have rebooted the system. What are your system specs?

The problem solved by itself
Freenas had a pending update, i just installed it after that i tried creating the volume and vola!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.