Error when attempting manual SMART test

VivoAzzurro

Cadet
Hello all,

I've recently gotten into homelabbing, and purchased a Dell R410 to use with TrueNAS. I have three consumer Seagate barracuda 1TB storage drives, and so I'd like to make sure they're working properly. Unfortunately, when attempting to perform manual SMART tests, I receive the following errors:

Code:
[EINVAL] disks.0.identifier: Test cannot be performed for {uuid}244f408a-0cf2-11eb-8f15-55bcc3441147. Unable to retrieve disk details.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/smart.py", line 401, in manual_test
    verrors.check()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check
    raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] disks.0.identifier: Test cannot be performed for {uuid}244f408a-0cf2-11eb-8f15-55bcc3441147. Unable to retrieve disk details.

I do not understand what this error means, nor do I know how to fix it. This issue happens with every disk I have in my machine. I should also note that TrueNAS is running in a VM with the XCP-NG hypervisor. Can anyway lead me in the right direction? Thank you.

Attachments

• ValidationError.PNG
    ValidationError.PNG
    79.9 KB · Views: 169