Emby Jail migrated with 11.2-RC2 script unable to update to 11.2-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baenwort

Explorer
I have a 11.1 made emby jail running under warden that operates successfully but is so out of date that the Emby apps won't connect due to old server version. There is no update for the Warden plugin so I'm forced to 11.2 as earlier than RC2 has mount issues if you have spaces in your file path.

The script ran successfully and the new iocage jail is able to start. However, when I try to update the release version from 11.0-RELEASE to anything newer I get the following error when performing the update via the GUI.

Networking is functional as I can ping out of the jail and the Emby server web interface is functional. However, unless I can up the release version of FreeBSD I can not update emby due to the EOL of the base FreeBSD version.

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 773, in upgrade
	IOCUpgrade(conf, release, root_path).upgrade_jail()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_upgrade.py", line 116, in upgrade_jail
	raise RuntimeError("Error occured, jail not upgraded!")
RuntimeError: Error occured, jail not upgraded!
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
	await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
	rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))

Baenwort

Explorer
So it already had 11.0-RELEASE in the "release" field but did have "EMPTY" in the "cloned_release" field of config.json.

I changed both to be 11.0-RELEASE and tried again using the GUI method given in the 11.2 docs. It again failed but this time with:

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 773, in upgrade
	IOCUpgrade(conf, release, root_path).upgrade_jail()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_upgrade.py", line 116, in upgrade_jail
	raise RuntimeError("Error occured, jail not upgraded!")
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
	await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
	rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Try via the CLI and see if that works. Either way you should file a bug report on this.

Baenwort

Explorer
I tried iocage upgrade emby_2 -r 11.2-RELEASE and was able to complete after editing /host using vi as prompted and agreeing to several manual "n/Y" I'm currently testing to see if the functionality has maintained.

What type of bug report would you recommend? I still have the original warden jail so I can try the script a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.