dynamic IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom239

Dabbler
Hi,
I was using freenas 0.7.2 and I just switched to freenas 8.
My IP is dynamic and under freenas 0.7.2 there was a dyndns-service to update my IP through dyndns.org (sorry for my english ...). I don't see that on freenas 8. How can I do, so that I can access to freenas from outside my home ???.
Thanks a lot
Dominique

dom239

Dabbler
I let my router do this, most Router have a dyndns client.

thanks for you answer, but I am with free /freebox V4 and I don't think that my freebox has a dyndns client.
1) Is it possible to install a dyndns client on my freebox???

2) Furthermore, i am not "degroupé" , but with free it is possible to ask for a fixed IP . If I don't find a nice solution I will ask for it???

ohnename

Explorer
You are right, the french Freebox v4 doesn ´t have a dynDNS client, in this case use the client in FreeNAS 8, you can find and configure it in services.

dom239

Dabbler
You are right, the french Freebox v4 doesn ´t have a dynDNS client, in this case use the client in FreeNAS 8, you can find and configure it in services.

thanks again sorry I did not see the "dyndns service" was provided !! (may be because i was in the first version freenas 8.0???...)
Anyway it is OK (I will see later if it is working. It was in freenas 0.7.2 ...)

And thanks to conifrm that there is no update client in freebox V4
Bye

esamett

Patron
may not be implemented yet but should be on timeline

tjohopp

Cadet
Hi!
If you have the 8.0 release (20110502) you should have under services Dynamic DNS and that´s what I think your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.