disks busy since mainboard-upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrMuppet

Contributor
I was using Freenas vor some years now with AsRock E3C226D2I, 16GB ECC and 6x3TB WD Red. Now i updated to a new board (to put in more RAM) and i chose ASRock E3C224D41-14S that allows me to reuse my Int Core i3-4130 and my Ram (and its the same form-factor.).

Update worked well. i updated the onboard LSI 2308 to IT mode and everything seems to be good.
But in Disk reporting i found out that the disks are much more busy than before. As you can see in the screenshots the drives nearly never weren't busy that much before. Whats wrong? Or it a just the other SATA-Controller reporting/working in another way?

Edit: and I didn't change the HDs. So there isn't any resilvering in progress or anything like that.

Attachments

• freenas_busy.GIF
    freenas_busy.GIF
    79.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is a pretty tuff thing to figure out, normally I'd say that you have something running in background. You've been here long enough to know I'm going to ask you for what version of FreeNAS you are running. Also do you have any plugins/jails running? If so then turn them all off and see what happens. If you still have the issue then run top in the shell to see what might be eating up all the time. I say might becasue you are looking at drive busy which doesn't always mean it's CPU intensive.

Arwen

MVP
Weird.

Got a scrub running?
(I know, you likely checked that...)

Where do you have your system database?

Normally it sits on the data pool. But, some of us that have SSDs for the boot pool move it to the boot pool. That said, it looks like far too much activity for the system database.

mrMuppet

Contributor
That is a pretty tuff thing to figure out, normally I'd say that you have something running in background. You've been here long enough to know I'm going to ask you for what version of FreeNAS you are running. Also do you have any plugins/jails running?
Using FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b). And yes, there are jails, und Plugins running in the background. (Plex, CP, SR, LMS, ioBroker, Unifi) but they are running there for months. After my post i added a new boot-mirror, and resilvering takes more than 20 hours. When this is finished i will will do some tests how the different Plugins and jails influence the drive issues.

Got a scrub running?
Where do you have your system database?
No Scrub. System Database still on data pool (checked it).

Status
Not open for further replies.