Disk not found but lskblk is ok on HP DL380G7 + P410i RAID Mode

a2940uw

Cadet
Hi, Clean installed latest TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.2 on HP DL380 G7 + P410i RAID Mode with two logical disk (30G + 2T), OS installed on logical disk 0 is ok and detected both disk during install, after success to install but no disk found and unable to create pool in the Web GUI, but run lsblk in CLI is shown the both disk and able to format the logical disk 1, but same machine was installed TrueNAS Core for long time is no problem, how to let the scale to detect the logical disk 1 in GUI ?

Attachments

• lsblk.JPG
    lsblk.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Nodisk.JPG
    Nodisk.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Nodisk2.JPG
    Nodisk2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 85

NugentS

MVP
Stop using a RAID controller. Use an HBA

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to read this:

NugentS

MVP
Either flash the P410i to IT mode (if you even can) or take it out and replace with an HBA.

My google fu says it needs to be replaced. Apparently you can load a specific firmware and then run in a broken HBA Mode but given the article also mentions kernal patches to use this I am dubious.

Get an HP220 card as a suitable alternative

Arwen

MVP
but the P410i unable to change to HBA mode and supported in Core, unable to detect in Scale is normal ?
Having the P410i sort of working in TrueNAS Core does not make it a good idea. You were on thin ice and the ice had not broken yet. ZFS is not suitable with consumer level hardware RAID, simple as that. It may work, until it does not work. In which case, you may have to restore your data from backups.

To be clear, FreeBSD, (which TrueNAS Core is based on), may have built in support for the P410i, so it sort of worked. But, it is not suitable for ZFS.

That said, if you have good backups and want to run it, go ahead. It simply is not supported by TrueNAS, Core or SCALE.