Can´t seem to install SCALE on disks but CORE installed fine

Nachesko

Cadet
Hello, I´m trying to install SCALE on a server that previously had CORE installed, changing because I have troubles with installing nextcloud on core.

I recieve the message "Can´t find SDA1 Not a block device". Before that I recieve FIPS self test failure but don´t know if has something to do with the disk error

It´s a HP proliant dl370g6 with 1x hp smart array p410i controller and 2x hp smart array p410 controller, the disks for install are in the former p410i, tried one disk in raid 0 config and raid 1+0 with same model disks

Also I recieve a warning about the partition table on the disks not being valid: warning: partition table header claims that the size of partition table entries is 0 bytes, but this program supports only 128-byte entries

The raid 1+0 sda shows as unknown device, another disks in the other raid controllers saids logical volume with the space free, but when i tried to install on to those disks I recieve an error and on next boot it sais null -- 290 gb free

HP Proliant dl370 g6
1x HP smart array p410i
2x HP smart array p410
SAS drives for OS, same make and model
SATA and SAS drives for data (testing until new hard drives arrive)
16 gb ram ecc
Dual xeon processors
All disks work ok with CORE

Arwen

MVP
First off, hardware RAID is not something you want when using ZFS. It is entirely possible that Core has the hardware RAID drivers and SCALE does not. But neither Core nor SCALE should have ZFS disks on hardware RAID controllers.

Next, hardware RAID-0 is not a substitute for non-RAID controllers.

I do not know if your HP Smart Array p410i or p410 can be changed to HBA, (Host Bus Adapter), mode.

This may be of use;

jedwest

Dabbler
Any more discussion on this. I had 22.12 and upgraded to 23.10 and it caused problems. I decided to wipe the drives and do a fresh install of 23.10.01 and it would not install due to the "Can´t find SDA1 Not a block device" error. I decided to try and install 22.12 again and it installed fine. Hard to use software if the newest "stable" won't install and their previous version worked fine.

jedwest

Dabbler
Just did an upgrade to 23.10.01 through the nas by changing trains after installing 22.12 and that seemed to work. Just cannot install from USB. I've seen some discussion about adding a sleep 20 line to a install file and I tried that but was not successful in the VI editor.