Disk not detaching and showing errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateroxx99

Cadet
So I had two seagate drives in both with bad sectors, I replaced the first one following documentation managed to replace the drive with a new one, resilvered OK but showing errors (of which i assumed the errors were coming from the old drive) I've now replaced the 2nd knackered HDD with a new one as well (so now 2 new drives in the machine) the resilver process I dont think is finishing and it will not let me detach what i assume is the old drive which I have already taken out of the machine following documentation, please help!

Please see attached pics, thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 176

Nateroxx99

Cadet
Wait for the resilver to finish, it can take awhile.
Hi thanks for reply but it seems to be looped on the resilver once it's finished it still won't let m detach it, I've tried doing a scrub after still doesn't work, I'm going to try and plug the old drive back in and offline it because when I removed it it didn't give me the option to offline it for some reason??

Nateroxx99

Cadet
OK so not sure where I went wrong but I could not detach the older drive which was now showing as a list of numbers, the resilver looped on every reboot and I was losing my patience - I would of liked to get it sorted properly so I know for future if I get a disk fail however this time I had to detach the Volume and re-made it it's now running sweet with 2 new drives and no errors - I would really appreciate it if someone could either tell me or point me to some decent documentation as to where I went wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.