• disk, solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • disk, solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo,

Wanneer ik freenas wil installeren krijg ik de melding 'You need to select at least one disk!' na dat ik een schijf geselecteerd heb waarop ik freenas wil installeren.

Ik heb een usb (8GB) waarop ik freenas wil installeren. Een externe harde schijf (500GB) waarop de image staat en WD red 3TB voor mijn data.

Is er iemand die mij hiermee kan helpen?

Alvast bedankt

Hi,

When I want to install freenas I get this message 'You need to select at least one disk!' after I selected the disk where I want to install freenas.

I have a usb (8gb) where I want to insall freenas on. An external hard drive (500 GB) with the freenas image and a WD red 3TB where I want to store my backups.

Is there someone who can help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20141214_134750[1].jpg
    20141214_134750[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 293

mjws00

Guru
Hit the space bar on the prior screen to select the disc for installation. It acts as the toggle.

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. When I press the space bar as the instructions say nothing happens. I can select options by pressing the return botton.

mjws00

Guru
Spacebar selects items in the list, it should write an asterisk in the box. Once it is highlighted OK should take you forward. Can't say I've done much more than just fly through it without issue. So maybe you have something additional going on?

If there is more going on. List exact hardware, show screenshots etc and we'll give you a hand.

Edit: A clean install booting from ISO. The exact keystrokes for me:
<ENTER> - install prompt
<SPACE> - selects da0
<ENTER> -sends me to overwrite prompt.

Last edited:
9i,

It worked. Thanks

Before I used an other freenas version. I did a clean install of freenas 9.3
I want to keep all the data on my drive. Is there a way to access that data again? I can make an new volume but this will override all the existing data and this is something I don't wanna do.

mjws00

Guru
Click Storage -> Volume Import. It should auto import your pool.

Hi,

When I go to storage and select import volume I need to select a volume. I can not select a volume. The list is empty.
Capture.JPG

mjws00

Guru
Is there a zpool on the disk? Post the output of 'zpool status' in code tags.

Hi,

I don't know the commands but I did some google searching and found the command zpool list. Hopefully this is what you mean.
Capture.JPG

mjws00

Guru
That shows the boot pool. Try zpool import and see if you get a list. I may be misunderstanding you. Did you have a zpool before?

mjws00

Guru
Yuck. How bout the output from 'camcontrol devlist'. You need to list your exact hardware and what prior version of Freenas you were running. Does the prior version still see the pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.