SOLVED Directory empty after successful zfs import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derkades

Dabbler
My boot drive (usb) stopped working. I am trying to get the configuration file. I installed freenas installer on a different usb (same version as the broken usb), booted from it and went to shell.

I ran zpool import. It showed my storage pool and a freenas-boot pool.

/mnt was read only so I decided to create a new directory in /var/tmp (/var/tmp/test). I then ran the following command:
Code:
zpool import -f -R /var/tmp/test freenas-boot

The command completed with no errors. zpool status gives me the following output (manually typed out from screen):

Code:
pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done, the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
scan: none requested
config:

NAME		   STATE	READ   WRITE   CKSUM
freenas-boot   ONLINE   0		  0		0
da1p2		  ONLINE   0		  0		0

when I cd to /var/tmp/test and run ls it shows the directory is empty. I assume /var/tmp/test is not read-only, because I can create a directory in /var/tmp/test using mkdir.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Oh boy, I'm not sure what you did but it's not what you wanted to do. Shut down the machine and remove the old boot device.

After booting, import the old pool with a different name. zpool import freenas-boot oldboot.

Derkades

Dabbler
I found a random forum thread which I was following. I ended up installing freenas to a new usb drive (this time mirrored so this won't happen again) and used the gui to import the old boot pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.