directory browsing on afp is painful

Status
Not open for further replies.

labtopia

Dabbler
i started getting kmem panics in 8.0.4 beta1 so upgraded to build FreeNAS-8.0.4-BETA2-x64 (10134)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
Memory 8168MB
32tb zraid2

now browsing from a mac 10.7.3 via afp is really slow, this is a big difference from the previous stable build i had on 8.0.1, it is about the same using the mac to browse to the same share setup as cifs.

my pc's are doing better but i see a big slowdown with the new build,

the afp is setup with defaults and has been performing well until now (only afp3 priv is checked in the share.

anyone else seeing same with this build?

dave

lrusak

Explorer
You're only using 8GB of ram with 32TB of storage?

louisk

Patron
I haven't noticed any issues. I upgraded to 8.0.4-BETA2 last night. I have a combination of 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 machines.

NAS only has 8T of storage though.

labtopia

Dabbler
i'm going to check it out today, maybe better settled in, i cant tell if it just scrubbed, but my nightly log says scrub 0 days ago skipped. if that's the case i would expect some degraded performance, i guess i'll see today. does anybody know if it will show 'scrubbing' in the gui zpool status? yesterday it just showed "online" so i dont know if would indicate a scrub going on there or just the cli.

dave

labtopia

Dabbler
well still not working correctly, also getting kmem_malloc and kmem_map panics with this 8.0.4beta2 build, im going to revert to my last known stable version 8.0.2 and see what happens

labtopia

Dabbler
well reverted to 8.0.2 and reloaded my config, now afp is better, i wonder if apple 10.7.3 update has screwed up afp too though. SMB on mac works GREAT to the same share, as fast as it was prior to the upgrade to beta2.

hopefully my memory panics are now reverted by going back.

i do think though on mac 10.7.3 there is something wrong with freenas 8.0.4beta2 performancewise, i'll post if it memory panics tonite, on the beta it would do it within 20hrs each time.

lmsequeira

Cadet
I'm also having trouble with AFP after the last upgrade to 8.0.4-BETA2-x64. Directory browsing is very slow, and when doing many file operations, after some time I get no reply from the server, and I have to restart the afp server. This wasn't happening before...

Miguel.

labtopia

Dabbler
my downgrade back to 8.0.2 release put the system back to normal for me, i think there is some tuning changes in the beta that threw it off.

dave

labtopia

Dabbler
that doesnt work, i burned the iso and did a full installation overtop my usb stick,

before you do this, be sure to save your config from the gui to your computer, then full install, then you log back in as defauts, load config, then it reboots and your ip's and setup is back to your settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.