direct LACP to CentOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragon75

Wizard
Is it possible to directly connect FreeNAS to CentOS server usign LACP?
LACP is a negotiation protocol. You may want to to some reading on LACP/LAG to be sure it works the way you expect.

But.... in short, yes you can do that.

morrispang

Cadet
I managed to bring up LACP in FreeNAS but facing issue with CentOS LACP even with a Cisco Switch. My switch etherchannel is correctly setup but seems CentOS part failed to negotiate LACP.

What does your switch etherchannel config look like? Also, how are the channel-group assigned on the physical interfaces? On CentOS, is it configured for passive or active LACP?

kdragon75

Wizard
I managed to bring up LACP in FreeNAS but facing issue with CentOS LACP even with a Cisco Switch. My switch etherchannel is correctly setup but seems CentOS part failed to negotiate LACP.
Etherchannel is NOT LACP, LACP can negotiate etherchannel....

morrispang

Cadet
on switch, i'm using active
channel-group 1 mode active

I can't find any info on how to set active/passive on CentOS but I' using the below bonding options
BONDING_OPTS="mode=4 lacp_rate=1 miimon=100"

Since switch was set to initiate LACP, I shouldnt worry on centOS whether it is active/passive.

Since switch was set to initiate LACP, I shouldn't worry on centOS whether it is active/passive.
True. Is there a minimum number or links set on the port-channel interface? Also, do you get anything from a show lacp neighbor in the switch?

morrispang

Cadet
number of links not set. LACP neighbor only show port-channel group 2 because I can't use active mode on group1 it causes Po1 in stand-alone.

Number of channel-groups in use: 2
Number of aggregators: 2

Group Port-channel Protocol Ports
------+-------------+-----------+-----------------------------------------------
1 Po1(SU) - Gi1/0/13(P) Gi1/0/14(P) <CentOS>
2 Po2(SU) LACP Gi1/0/15(P) Gi1/0/16(P) <FreeNAS>

LACP neighbor only show port-channel group 2 because I can't use active mode on group1 it causes Po1 in stand-alone.
I don't understand what you are saying there. Both your channel groups are in passive. I can only assume that CentOS is also passive which could be what is causing the problem. What do you mean "causes Po1 in stand-alone"? That sound like something isn't negotiating correctly.

morrispang

Cadet
I first configure both Po1 & Po2 in active mode but only Po2 connected to FreeNAS successfully bundled, Po1 which is connected to CentOS shown as "stand-alone" in Cisco Etherchannel summary. So, I have no choice to use mode "ON" on Po1.

Mode "ON" means it doesn't negotiate. If it isn't negotiating correctly then something is mis-configured on client side of the Po1 link.

Status
Not open for further replies.