Did my import of my zfs pool work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovizii

Patron
I used to run an older 9.x version and an update to 9.3 broke my install. A few months later I did a fresh install of 9.3 and imported my encrypted zfs pool.

Everything seems to be working, I just can't seem to be able to figure out where on the freenas GUI I can see what type of zraid I had initially set up and what is up with my storage.

THis setup contains 4 x 1TB HDs and I "seem to remember" that I set it up as a raidz2 which would mean I get 2TB us usable space, right? But then what's up with these funny number regarding free space??? => http://screencast.com/t/WhE3JFmFUP7

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
I explained what are these numbers in this post ;)

It was this sunday, the next time please search before asking, thanks.

If you want to see your pool layout you can type zpool status in the CLI :)

danb35

Hall of Famer
If you want to see your pool layout you can type zpool status in the CLI :)
...or go to Storage -> select your volume -> Volume Status (button at the bottom that looks like a sheet of notebook paper) in the web GUI.

ovizii

Patron
thanks @Bidule0hm - I don't think I would have found that post searching, I was more concerned with the correct import and why the "name" zfsmain" appeared twice, rather than with the sizes. The post you linked explained everything, thanks a lot. I also understand now why I see that name twice and it all makes sense (got a bit overwhelmed with these subtle changes in 9.3)

Bidule0hm

GUI is for wimps :D

Well, ok, I forgot about this button (what? it's not my fault if it's quicker to use the CLI...) :p

danb35

Hall of Famer
I agree it's often quicker and easier to use the CLI. However, given the well-documented ability of n00bz to mess things up with the CLI, and the fact that the OP specifically asked about the GUI, I figured it was worth providing the GUI equivalent. It's also worth noting that the GUI screen gives the device names (ada2, etc.) rather than gptids, which might make it a bit easier to track down issues.

Bidule0hm

Yes, that's why I liked your post ;) I was just kidding a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.