Did 9.10.2-U1 break jails/plugins autostart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovizii

Patron
I just upgraded from FreeNAS-9.10.2 (a476f16) to FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5) and it appears my jails won't autostart anymore.

Anyone else notice this or do I have to dig deeper and figure out what makes my system different?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Didn't break it for me. Try running jls on the cli and see if there are any jails running. If there are then maybe just the services in the jail didn't restart. Next try to do service <servicename> onestart in the jail for each service you run. What is the output?

ovizii

Patron
nope, all jails were stopped. I started the jails via the GUI then all plugins started except Plex. so I started that one from inside the jail.

I was just wondering if this was a fluke or if I should expect to have to manually start all jails after reboots now :smile:

Scharbag

Guru
nope, all jails were stopped. I started the jails via the GUI then all plugins started except Plex. so I started that one from inside the jail.

I was just wondering if this was a fluke or if I should expect to have to manually start all jails after reboots now :)
Try a reboot and let us know :p

Just did the update and all my jails and plugins auto started as expected.

On another note, this update applied WAY faster than previous updates for me!!!

Cheers,

Last edited:

JoelN

Dabbler
I'm running Plex in a standard jail. It started just fine after updating to FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1. I do an ISO upgrade to an SSD boot drive at my desktop. I have had a variety of problems doing GUI updates (manual & auto & IPMI) so I don't even try that method anymore. My ISO method has been pretty much trouble free.

Last edited:

ovizii

Patron
Btw. running encrypted pool here.

So I just restarted, logged onto freenas, unlocked my pool, nothing else happened. Had to manually start all my jails.

This used to work automatically before this upgrade. Can someone else with an encrypted pool confirm?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Btw. running encrypted pool here.

So I just restarted, logged onto freenas, unlocked my pool, nothing else happened. Had to manually start all my jails.

This used to work automatically before this upgrade. Can someone else with an encrypted pool confirm?
This would make a big difference. Maybe a regression?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ovizii

Patron
well, it would be great if anyone else with an encrypted pool could confirm.

Archaniel

Explorer
In the same boat.
I use full disk encryption, had to start jails manually, even though set for automatic
Also, "Available Plugins" won't load, nor "Installed" ...

Archaniel

Explorer
and also, downloading of the update files was super slow (while I have FTTH)

ovizii

Patron
Awesome! At least I know its not me who did something wrong ;-)
THis was definitely working before this latest update.

Mr Snow

Dabbler
Happened to me also (I have an encrypted pool). Has anyone raised a bug for it?

Regards,

CJ

Archaniel

Explorer
Hm I just registered on bugs, but cannot browse the issue?

ovizii

Patron
I got asked for a debug file so the issue was marked as private, sorry. Unfortunately it was marked as duplicate although I did search before submitting and couldn't find another one dealing with the same problem.

It was marked as duplicate of bug #20285 which is private too so I cannot confirm if it really is a duplicate :-/

Current status:
Duplicate
Priority:
No priority
Assignee:
6759e2bce7454c547aeb7454c0302315
Kris Moore
Category:
Jails
Target version:
-
Start date:
01/25/2017
Due date:

% Done:
0%

Seen in:
9.10.1-U2
ChangeLog Entry:

Hardware Configuration:

Migration Needed:
No
Fence Lizard:
No

ovizii

Patron
Update: one of the mods was so kind as to remove the files which made those bugs private so the bug is now public with the status to be fixed in the next version of freenas as the new jail management system differs from the old one: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/20285

Status
Not open for further replies.