Dell T620 LGA 2011 V2 Build

Mcol

Cadet
I have a Dell T620 that I picked up free. It is the 8 bay option. This last week I was able to pick up 8 12TB WD Red drives on a New Egg Sale. Below is how I have been planning to build it out. The use case here will be general file server. I am building another system for VM hosting that is a Dell T630 which supports LGA 2011 V3 and V4. I don't plan to host VM's on this system but may use it to host 1 or 2 such has a steam cache or plex. What I will use this system for windows file sharing, ISCSI storage for the VM server. The VM server will have SSD storage for the VM's themselves but for anything that requires lots of storage will poing to the file server.
Dell T620
2x E5-2690 V2 (I thought this was a good mix of cores and speed)
RAM 128GB or?
10GB Dual Nic
LSI Card like this? If I'm understanding this all right 1 card should handle 8 drives

For the drive setup I have been considering mirrors to get the best possible performance but was also thinking about Z2 for better reliability. Or a split.

I know the Dell T620 is a bit old and in this case it doesn't allow for adding any drives later which I don't like but hey I have it so.... From surfing the forums and web I've seen quite a few recommendations for the Super Micro 847 but all of those I'm seeing are running around 900 and then you have to buy a motherboard, cpu and ram etc. I do want to keep my file server and vm system separate simply because the VM system I will probably mess around with more and I want to have the file server stable.
So thoughts on the build or better alternatives?