Deleting apps on Cobia requires a reboot

CheeryFlame

Contributor
EDIT: Please report here https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/browse/NAS-125190

It just started happening. Every time I delete an app now I'm getting the annoying error that the dataset is busy.

I tried zfs umount, zfs destroy and even deleting the namespace but there's nothing I can do other than rebooting.

Error: [EBUSY] Failed to delete dataset: cannot destroy 'Pollen/ix-applications/releases/organizr/charts': dataset is busy cannot destroy 'Pollen/ix-applications/releases/organizr/volumes/ix_volumes': dataset is busy cannot destroy 'Pollen/ix-applications/releases/organizr/volumes': dataset is busy cannot destroy 'Pollen/ix-applications/releases/organizr': dataset is busy

This is very annoying and I believe it's a issue with Cobia.

Last edited:

NugentS

MVP
So log it as a bug

CheeryFlame

Contributor
Sorry where?

NugentS

MVP
At the top of the screen, just under the big TrueNAS in (probably Blue) there is "Report a Bug" which leads you to the IX Jira logging system. You will need to register for it - but then you can log bugs

Trevor68

Contributor
Same, but rebooting does not help, the dataset is always busy no matter what.

CheeryFlame

Contributor

Trevor68

Contributor
Sure I'll go install something and then add the error on deletion. BTW if you want to manually clean up afterwards this works.

rm -rf /mnt/myPool/app_to-be_removed

Also my issue is a bit different, as in it survives a reboot.

CheeryFlame

Contributor
Sure I'll go install something and then add the error on deletion. BTW if you want to manually clean up afterwards this works.

rm -rf /mnt/myPool/app_to-be_removed

I would rather use
Code:
zfs destroy -r <POOL>/ix-applications/releases/<APPNAME>

CheeryFlame

Contributor
This is probably the answer. Going through the update and will test again.
23.10.0.1 Changelog
Fix for TrueNAS SCALE application deployment being stuck when the pool used for application management is encrypted (NAS-124776).

Trevor68

Contributor
I would rather use
Code:
zfs destroy -r <POOL>/ix-applications/releases/<APPNAME>

except it doesn't actually work. Also I don't have any encrypted drives.

Also I just installed ShortURL and deleted it just fine, so may yet be app dependent.

CheeryFlame

Contributor
I updated to 23.10.0.1 and the issue is still happening.

Quickest way which isn't much faster is to Unset app pool, run the command, set app pool again.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I believe it's a issue with Cobia.
If it is, it's by no means universal; I had occasion to delete an app earlier this evening and it worked as expected. So it'd likely be relevant to note which app is giving you this problem, which version, and which catalog it's from (TrueNAS, TrueCharts, somewhere else).

CheeryFlame

Contributor
If it is, it's by no means universal; I had occasion to delete an app earlier this evening and it worked as expected. So it'd likely be relevant to note which app is giving you this problem, which version, and which catalog it's from (TrueNAS, TrueCharts, somewhere else).
Any TC apps, on both of my servers. I already created a ticket on Jira. I'll wait on Monday, they'll probably ask me more stuff.