SMB shares have path-related configuration issues that may impact service stability: VM_Store: SMB shares containing the apps dataset are not permitte

SCS

Dabbler
I've been trying to scratch my head about this error. I've seen a few other posts similar that appear to be a bug that occurs when ix-applications is created on a SMB share after the share existed.

Although I seem to have a far more extensive error then I've seen others post.
Seems to have started reporting the day after I updated from 13.0-U6.1 to 23.10.2 based on the time stamp of the Alert.

1710742692651.png

I wanted to clean up the error with a new line after each comma to make it visually easier to read, but I wasn't sure if changing the formatting would throw someone else off.

SMB shares have path-related configuration issues that may impact service stability: VM_Store: SMB shares containing the apps dataset are not permitted, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/Security_Camera: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/Security_Camera - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/catalogs: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/catalogs - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/k3s: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/k3s - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/default_volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/default_volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/charts: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/charts - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/charts: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/charts - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/charts: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/charts - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/volumes/ix_volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/adguard-home/volumes/ix_volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/media: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/media - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/pgBackup: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/pgBackup - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/config: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/config - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/pgData: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/home-assistant/volumes/ix_volumes/pgData - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/pgData: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/pgData - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/uploads: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/uploads - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/thumbs: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/thumbs - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/video: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/video - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/pgBackup: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/pgBackup - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/library: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/library - POSIX, Massive_Store: ACL type mismatch with child mountpoint at /mnt/Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/profile: Massive_Store - NFSV4, Massive_Store/ix-applications/releases/immich/volumes/ix_volumes/profile - POSIX

2024-03-04 01:00:44 (America/New_York)

chuck32

Guru
I've been trying to scratch my head about this error. I've seen a few other posts similar that appear to be a bug that occurs when ix-applications is created on a SMB share after the share existed.
What exactly is your question?

Did you create a share of your top-level pool? This is not encouraged and probably the source of your errors.

SCS

Dabbler
What exactly is your question?

Did you create a share of your top-level pool? This is not encouraged and probably the source of your errors.
Sorry just seeing your response.

I guess long and short of my question is:

What is causing this issue and how can I address it.

I've seen similar errors but not as extensive as mine being from sharing the top-level pool, when ix-applications are housed at that location.

Yes I did create a share for the top-level pool.

The Issue now is it won't allow me to disable the share. When I attempt to do so I get the following error. I was unaware it was bad practice. I'm nearly solely the only user of the system so I'm not concerned of the top level access, and I would tend to restrict access to the datasets below for other services.

I'm not arguing with you that it is or isn't a good practice, 'm just unaware of it being so, have not had any issue until updating to the latest Truenas Scale, and had the Apps housed on the pool
1710803453006.png

chuck32

Guru
The Issue now is it won't allow me to disable the share. When I attempt to do so I get the following error.

You tried deleting the share?
1710802193403.png

Can you turn off SMB and then try to delete?

SCS

Dabbler
I was actually just trying that as I came back and saw your suggestion to do so. Removed the Massive_Store one as well. Had a moment of panic as my creds didn't work, until I realized the username is all lowercase

Looks like the error may have done after a reboot