SOLVED Deleted share and dataset, but always displayed in W10 network

profwalken

Patron
Hi,
have recently deleted 4 dataset and shares all seems to be clear in GUI but when I browse network shares from a W10 computer, all the folders are always displayed but unavailable.
What I forgot to make thoses folders to disappear in Windows network too ?

the 4 Dataset and shared folders with black cross are deleted on FN side
1591010256689.png

Last edited:

profwalken

Patron
Hi thanks Anodos,
what do you mean shares cached in the client ?

I've tried after SMB restart , after server reboot, no change.
IN SAMBA there's no more share existing for these old folders from deleted dataset. See below.
1591023494535.png

either , no more dataset
1591023647522.png

what else coulsd i check ?
Is there possible display of old shared folders stay restored on windows 10 side even they are no more existing on FN ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Check Credential Manager on Windows for login credentials for those shares.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You can double-check what the server returns for share enumeration by running the command smbclient -L //127.0.0.1 -U <username>. Windows initially enumerates shares by connecting to a hidden IPC share (IPC$) and sending an "enumerate" remote procedure call (RPC) to the srvsvc RPC endpoint. Windows clients don't poll on this RPC endpoint and so the information may be cached (or there may be some other reason why windows continues to display it).

profwalken

Patron
command line returns this, with nothing related to visible shares from a windows pc, list below is up to date.
1591085347282.png

profwalken

Patron
is it a coincidence or not , since command line has been executed now Windows display the right folders shared.

Thanks Anodos for help.