Deleted plex plugin, media gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lals

Dabbler
Hi.

I wanted to update my plex plugin but was getting a error message, so i decided to delete the plug in and then re-installed it. But after i re-instaled the plug in, all my media was gone.... Did I delete all of my media when i deleted the plex plug in?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
What did you use for your plugin storage?

lals

Dabbler
I just installed the plugin, added a nettwork disc to my computer(192.168.1.33/media) and added folders thru windows.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Let me put this another way, the plugin doesn't normally contain media. Normally the plugin maps a FreeNAS folder into a folder inside the jail. When the plugin gets deleted, the link gets deleted, but not the freenas folder. Now if you created a folder inside the jail itself, and move media into that, and then deleted the jail, then, yes, you deleted your media with the removal of the plugin.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I suspect this person shared out a directory that was inside the jail and added their media files inside the jail. So when they deleted the jail all the media went with it. The correct way the documentation tells you to do this is to use the GUI and add storage to the jail. Then you share that dataset you created in freenas not the one in the jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.