Unsupportedappstore plugin bundle for plex plugin

Sethbest

Dabbler
I am going a bit crazy trying to get this to work, and my typing is awful since i broke my arm yesterday, so apologies in advance.

Im trying to get the unsupportedappstore plugin working with the plex plugin, on freenas 9.2.1.8
fresh install, jail and plex working fine. I am weak with unix especially permissions, so i couldnt figure out how to get write access to the plugins folder inside of the plex jail. so i mounted a folder containing all the current plugins found at usr\local\share\plexmediaserver\Resources\Plug-ins
and the unsuportedappstore.bundle to that folder location but no dice, no plugins displayed from plex webui, even after plugin and jail restart

I tried this trick at usr\pbi\plexmediaserver-amd64\plexdata\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins but directory path is too long

From jail shell i tried cp -irv \\FREENAS\Jail\plexmediaserver_1\usr\local\share\plexmediaserver\Resources\Plug-ins\unsupportedappstore.bundle "usr\pbi\plexmediaserver-amd64\plexdata\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins"
and even though it shows each directory getting copied in shell none appear in the plugins folder viewable from my windows share (and yeah, plugin doesnt appear in plex either)

These seem like goofy workarounds anyways, anyone else have a tip on the right way to do this?
thanks

Sethbest

Dabbler
Not yet, but I'm taking a break from working on it until my arm heals. Too much frustration and I'll end up breaking my cast on this server. I'll post back when I take another crack at it.

Ersson_AE

Cadet
1. enable ftp service with Allow root login
2. connect to ftp with root user and navigate to your plex jail and then "usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins"
3. upload the plugin to there
4. open up shell for plexserver
5. enter "chown -R plex:plex /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/UnSupportedAppstore.bundle"

bjs.pdx

Dabbler
2. connect to ftp with root user and navigate to your plex jail and then "usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins"
5. enter "chown -R plex:plex /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/UnSupportedAppstore.bundle"
I have a similar problem with plexmediaserver-0.9.12.0.1071-amd64... However there is no plexdata directory that I can find. Did the structure change?

Ersson_AE

Cadet
Yes it has changed it is now
"plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"

bjs.pdx

Dabbler
Yes it has changed it is now
"plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"
Thank you so much... That solved my problem.

nbharm

Cadet
Thank you so much... That solved my problem.
I know it has been awhile. I am trying to get the unsupported apps installed into freenas with plex installed in a jail. Can someone literally walk me thru how to do this. I'm not the best at code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im familiar with downloading to a specific location but what command would I use to upload the plugin to that specific location?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ovizii

Patron
Im familiar with downloading to a specific location but what command would I use to upload the plugin to that specific location?

It sounds like you are not familiar with FTP. #2 in the above solution is what you are inquiring about:

However there is a much simpler solution instead of using FTP. Connect to your FreeNas server via ssh then after making sure you are root you do the following:
Code:
jls
(this will list all your jails, find the one containing plex and make not of its ID)
Code:
jexec ID tcsh
(ID being the ID of your plex jail)

now you are inside the plex jail. Download the unsupported appstore:
Code:
wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/2.4.1/WebTools.bundle.zip

then proceed as you need to.

It sounds like you are not familiar with FTP. #2 in the above solution is what you are inquiring about:

However there is a much simpler solution instead of using FTP. Connect to your FreeNas server via ssh then after making sure you are root you do the following:
Code:
jls
(this will list all your jails, find the one containing plex and make not of its ID)
Code:
jexec ID tcsh
(ID being the ID of your plex jail)

now you are inside the plex jail. Download the unsupported appstore:
Code:
wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/2.4.1/WebTools.bundle.zip

then proceed as you need to.
That's what I was gonna do, guess I was confused, gonna putty in, wasn't sure what the right command was but you've clarified that, thank you. Is your plex jail a jail you manually set up, or the included Plex plugin?

Rint

Cadet
To install webTools for Plex on FreeNAS 11+

1) Logon to your FreeNAS server web portal and go to Jails.

2) Click on your Plex Jail and then click on the Shell button on the bottom.

3) Type the following command and hit enter:
a) cd /var/db/plexdata/"Plex Media Server"/Plug-ins
b) wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/3.0.0/WebTools.bundle.zip
c) tar -xvjf WebTools.bundle.zip
d) rm WebTools.bundle.zip
e) Close the shell by hitting the X (top right corner)

4) Click on Plugins and the Installed button and restart your Plex

5) Now when you go to channels you'll see WebTools. Click on WebTools Icon and change your port number to whatever is listed there when logged into Plex through a browser. In other words, what ever your URL/IP address is to get to your Plex server just replace the port number and removing everything after it.

6) Logon with your Plex information, and then your all set to install all the 3rd party plug-ins you desire.

Enjoy

-Rint

KTM_888

Cadet
To install webTools for Plex on FreeNAS 11+

1) Logon to your FreeNAS server web portal and go to Jails.

2) Click on your Plex Jail and then click on the Shell button on the bottom.

3) Type the following command and hit enter:
a) cd /var/db/plexdata/"Plex Media Server"/Plug-ins
b) wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/3.0.0/WebTools.bundle.zip
c) tar -xvjf WebTools.bundle.zip
d) rm WebTools.bundle.zip
e) Close the shell by hitting the X (top right corner)

4) Click on Plugins and the Installed button and restart your Plex

5) Now when you go to channels you'll see WebTools. Click on WebTools Icon and change your port number to whatever is listed there when logged into Plex through a browser. In other words, what ever your URL/IP address is to get to your Plex server just replace the port number and removing everything after it.

6) Logon with your Plex information, and then your all set to install all the 3rd party plug-ins you desire.

Enjoy

-Rint
To find the plug-ins folder in the current version of FreeNAS, currently being FreeNAS-11.3-U3, you will have to just go into the jail section of your plex media share.
1590075881855.png