Degraded Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Blater

Dabbler
With my botched upgrade from 9.3 to 9.10, I've succeeded to get 9.3 reinstalled, but I'm getting a message that one of my drives is degraded. If I go to storage and volume options and try to replace the drive in question, I get the following message at the top of the screen:

Error: Disk replacement failed: "invalid vdev specification, use -f to override the following errors:, /dev/gptid/<big long number> is part of potentially active pool.

Not sure how else to remove the drive and replace it with a new working drive.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Are you following the drive replacement directions?

Has the replacement ever been part of a pool? If so, use a suitable utility to wipe it and try again. DBAN is a popular wiping tool, and badblocks will do the job, which is a good choice if you haven't already burned in the disk.

Brian Blater

Dabbler
Are you following the drive replacement directions?

Has the replacement ever been part of a pool? If so, use a suitable utility to wipe it and try again. DBAN is a popular wiping tool, and badblocks will do the job, which is a good choice if you haven't already burned in the disk.
I haven't even got to that part. The bad drive currently says unavailable. So I can't take it offline. The only option available is replace. I click on replace and after a minute or so I get the error message. I haven't even got to the part of putting a replacement drive in yet.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You have to put a replacement drive in before you can replace it in the GUI.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.