Decryption error - but everything works...

markgca

Dabbler
running TrueNAS-13.0-U4

I replicated the main pool to another pool on the same box, it works fine.
but...this time i decided to unlock all the replicated datasets, some while they were still replicating.
the ones that were finished replicating unlocked fine, and i can export the key (i know, i already have the key, but i wanted to export it anyway for the next admin)
the ones that were NOT finished replicating unlocked fine, but i CANNOT export the key - it gives me a error "Retrieving Key Error: [EINVAL] Specified dataset does not have its own encryption key"

it does, its just the same as that of the main pool key and frankly every other replicated dataset

so everything works, but this seems to be a bug.

note; tried to report it via jira, but all i get is a blank page (with chrome, edge, and firefox) so i gave up

anyone see this before? i thought maybe relocking the datasets might fix this but no way to do that any more.

thanks

Sounds like it uses a parent as an encryptionroot, rather than being its own encryptionroot.

You can check like so:
Code:
zfs get -t filesystem -r encryptionroot poolname

Replace poolname with your actual pool.

markgca

Dabbler
thanks for the thought, dont think thats whats happening (there are more datasets, but they are all the same format as below

root@TrueNAS[~]# zfs get -t filesystem -r encryptionroot poolb
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
poolb encryptionroot - -
poolb/computers encryptionroot poolb/computers -
poolb/data encryptionroot poolb/data - -
poolb/hosting encryptionroot poolb/hosting -
poolb/idrive encryptionroot poolb/idrive -

markgca

Dabbler
ok, so, i figured i would reboot and see what happened
those problematic datasets became locked; so now i unlocked them and it works! weird issue, but solved for now
seems like a bug to me....