DB_RUNRECOVERY Message: Meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottNZ

Dabbler
Hi All,

I'm not sure exactly where to post this... tell me if this is not the right place.

I have an older FreeNAS (FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)) box (in addition to the newest one described in my signature block), and this morning I noticed the following on the console:

May 21 10:19:36 freenas cnid_dbd[20929]: error opening DB environment: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

The WebGUI still reports all volumes as "HEALTHY". What is the meaning of the DB_RUNRECOVERY message? What should I do to resolve it.

If this is documented somewhere, I'm happy to go read it. Just point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Scott

ScottNZ

Dabbler
OK thanks. Will run the dbd -r command when I get back home on Thurs (away for a week).

FYI, I received a "freenas.local daily run output" email yesterday which contains the following:

Checking status of zfs pools:
NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
MirrorVolume 929G 830G 99.3G 89% 1.00x ONLINE /mnt
RAIDZVolume 2.70T 1.65T 1.06T 60% 1.00x ONLINE /mnt

all pools are healthy

Checking status of ATA raid partitions:

Checking status of gmirror(8) devices:
Name Status Components
mirror/Archive1 DEGRADED ada3 (ACTIVE)

Checking status of graid3(8) devices:

Checking status of gstripe(8) devices:
Network interface status:
Is this telling me that:
  1. disc/device ada3 has failed and has degraded the VDEV in the pool that contains the Archive1 dataset (MirrorVolume if memory serves)?
  2. I'm assuming this is related to the DB_RUNRECOVERY message?
  3. And the HEALTH status for MirrorVolume is still ONLINE because there is still one fully-functioning disc left in the mirror?
Trying to get the terminology correct as well as understand what is happening...

Regards,
Scott

D

dlavigne

Is this telling me that:
  1. disc/device ada3 has failed and has degraded the VDEV in the pool that contains the Archive1 dataset (MirrorVolume if memory serves)?
  2. I'm assuming this is related to the DB_RUNRECOVERY message?
  3. And the HEALTH status for MirrorVolume is still ONLINE because there is still one fully-functioning disc left in the mirror?
It looks like it. You'll definitely want to run gmirror status and check that disk when you get home.

ScottNZ

Dabbler
Hi All,

I've run the following:

[root@freenas] ~# gmirror status
Name Status Components
mirror/Archive1 DEGRADED ada3 (ACTIVE)

[root@freenas] ~#

Is this telling me that ada3 is the problem disk? What is the meaning of "(ACTIVE)"?

Should I now run dbd -r?

Thanks,
Scott

D

dlavigne

Yes, ada3 is the problem disk and the mirror is still working (active), waiting for the disk to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.