Dataset has 21TB but a created Subfolder has only 20GB?

zirigu233

Cadet
Hey guys,

i have my "Jellyfin" Dataset and then added it with SMB to my Windows 10. I can access and edit the Dataset with my File Explorer in Windows 10 perfectly.
I have added a subfolder called "Movies" and i cant put more than 20gb of files in there. In the root of my "Jellyfin" Dataset i can use the full 21TB of space. But as soon as i go one step down into the subfolder i cant because of not enough space.

What is the problem? I dont get it..

Greetings!

chuck32

Guru
Can you add screnshots? Did you set a quota for the subfolder?

zirigu233

Cadet
No i did not. But i think i found the solution. I restarted my PC and relogged with my TrueNAS User for SMB Share and now it is working somehow.

Maybe someone has the same problem and it seems that a simple restart could resolve it. ^^

zirigu233

Cadet
so i still got the problem. it just doesnt make any sense.

Looks like following:

data = first Dataset --> ipaddress\exosstore\data\movies
i try to put a 51,7 GB film into the EMPTY "movies" folder and it says 7,77 GB is needed additionally to do that.

jellyfin = second Dataset --> ipaddress\exosstore\jellyfin\movies
i try to put a 51,7 GB film into the "movies" folder that already contains 27,3 GB of film and it says again 7,77 GB is needed additionally to do that.

Where is the logic?

i had put the other movie into the folder what firstly was impossible. after restart it worked. now i got the same problem for another movie. restart doesnt help.

zirigu233

Cadet
I hope to end this thread with the final solution. It is needed to add the Dataset in Windows via "connect network drive" and so it gets a drive letter. then its solved.