Data gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogo

Cadet
Hi all,

need some advise (HELP!).

After a hardware fail my pool (2 x 2TB drives RAID1) became degraded but data was still available (cifs). Nothing i did changed that. I could not make the pool back to healthy.
If i remove one of the the drives, the data was still available.
So i had a wonderful idea: Remove the second drive, conecting it to a win system and erase the partition. I was expecting that when conecting back to the nas the system would automaticaly repar the pool back to healthy.

Now the data is not available anymore. Is there hope recovering something?
upload_2018-4-25_23-0-26.png

Please i need help.

Diogo.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Sorry, it's difficult to understand how you got into the situation.
What version of FreeNAS are you running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Something that might help to understand your situation (don't do something ill-considered and don't loose patience, 9.2.x versions are rather old):

Is this a UFS mirror or a ZFS mirror?

Stux

MVP
So, just to get this straight, one of the drives in a mirror failed so you erased the other?

Diogo

Cadet
So, just to get this straight, one of the drives in a mirror failed so you erased the other?
Hi Stux,

Due to an unknown hardware error (pc) the pool was in degraded state.
If either one of the two drives were physically removed from nas, the remaining drive was able to deliver data, available trough cifs share. Since i couldn´t repair the degraded state, and i didn´t have another disk to try, i decided to remove one of the drives, place it on a windows machine, erase the partition (as if it was a new disk) and put it back in the nas, so that the system would automaticaly repair it. Instead, now none of the two drives work alone or together, and it changed the state to unknown.
Thank you

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
This was not the correct way to trouble shoot the problem and it is unlikely that you can recover from this.
Very sad for your loss.

Diogo

Cadet
This was not the correct way to trouble shoot the problem and it is unlikely that you can recover from this.
Very sad for your loss.

But the data must be in there somewhere. There is no way to recover the partition or recover some files at least?

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.