data file in ix application dataset - how to move?

canosgmk

Dabbler
Hello,

I have installed and use photoprism for a year. After moving to bluefin, i have to back everything up and reinstall everything. From this task, one of the people helping me out told me the photos (data/files) of 40+ gigs is in my ix application / PVC dataset.

Long story short, i figured out how to change it however, i want to move ALL my photos and videos from that area to the correcting massstorage/photoprism dataset. not the current massstorage/ix-applications Pretty sure this isn't as easy as opening the folder, click and drag...

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

canosgmk

Dabbler
I have heavyscripts, however, i can't see how to move that photos and videos from the PVC to the correct dataset.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
In the heavyscript menu:

2 - 2 - 1

Then pick your app's PVC

It tells you where it's mounted.

Use that location to rsync or cp the data where you want it.

canosgmk

Dabbler
if you have the time, would you be willing to help write out the script?

im reading up how to use rsync now. super new to this. one of the reasons im using Scale cause i thought the GUI would be easier for me to handle.

canosgmk

Dabbler
additionally, it looks like rsync and cp is coping the data and moving it. I would like to move it completely out of the PVC.

sretalla