Application Management working in Scale

MjSmith

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

after i got several errors i decided to recovery my pool from a replication backup from an external drive.

I experienced a lot of trouble while doing that and my apps are totally broken now.
Well done i should better choose another pool to migrate my apps instead of just use a replication as i know now.

BUT what i dont understand.

Why cant i reset the Application Management by deleting the ix-application dataset and unset the pool in applications?

I get still errors after deleting everything and want to start from scratch with all Apps freshly installed but it wont work either.
Where are still needed files/ services who could block this?

Why do i have now to reinstall my hole TrueNAS OS to get over this?

Isnt there not a better solution?

Greets

PS: what i also not understand is, why do i get disk write errors when acitvating apps but not while making a restore from a replication task or by zfs send. Whats the difference in the operation?

Last edited:

NugentS

MVP
You should be able to unset the pool, delete ix-applications and go from there. Not that I have tried it

MjSmith

Dabbler
No didnt work. i get then errors while installing apps ... but i have to say i install truecharts apps.

Does truecharts something different here?

I deleted their catalog as well as rebound it. no success.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
No didnt work. i get then errors while installing apps ... but i have to say i install truecharts apps.

Does truecharts something different here?

I deleted their catalog as well as rebound it. no success.
Which version of SCALE are you running?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The latest one. Switched also one back without success.

If you are using SCALE 23.10.1.. then I'd suggest Reporting a bug

Please give as much relevant history between when apps were working and when they stopped.

Does your system really have ECC memory? (Only asking because lack of ECC can cause weird issues).

MjSmith

Dabbler
Puhhh I have another thread where I wrote a lot about it but I didn’t make that much documentation. So there are I informations missing.

It startet all with the typical “ waiting for replicas …” 40% problem.

There is a 23 Version?? I’m still in 22 Branch. Why didn’t I get the update offered to switch a major version not stable at the moment?

I have ecc yes and the spy supports it because it’s a Pro Version, as AMD said.

But from my other thread I experience write and read errors which come up when I start applications so I plan to test a RAM switch as well. But I’m unsure because a full dataset restore didn’t causes any disk error and im thinking copy and operate goes both over the ram.

As I told I’m using Truecharts app because I set it up with traffic for https/ ssl.
That was something which didn’t work with the original apps as I remember.

So perhaps it’s also an option that the problem causes from truecharts.

I will continue this odyssey in Januar because is started into holiday and left the sever home …

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Puhhh I have another thread where I wrote a lot about it but I didn’t make that much documentation. So there are I informations missing.

It startet all with the typical “ waiting for replicas …” 40% problem.

There is a 23 Version?? I’m still in 22 Branch. Why didn’t I get the update offered to switch a major version not stable at the moment?

I have ecc yes and the spy supports it because it’s a Pro Version, as AMD said.

But from my other thread I experience write and read errors which come up when I start applications so I plan to test a RAM switch as well. But I’m unsure because a full dataset restore didn’t causes any disk error and im thinking copy and operate goes both over the ram.

As I told I’m using Truecharts app because I set it up with traffic for https/ ssl.
That was something which didn’t work with the original apps as I remember.

So perhaps it’s also an option that the problem causes from truecharts.

I will continue this odyssey in Januar because is started into holiday and left the sever home …

SCALE 23.10.1 is out and is a much better platform for applications...... update when you get a chance and then restart the troubleshooting.
Enjoy your vacation...