Migrating pool to another TrueNas Scale instance

quasarlex

Dabbler
Hi everyone,

I decided to buy some new hardware to build a nas from scratch, but i still have to migrate data from the old one.

For sake of clarity, old nas is named Kessel, new nas is named Coruscant (Yes, I like Star Wars...)

My usage of Kessel was mainly storing photos with photoprism app. So i have my Homepool pool:

1706715365455.png

With a replication task, i pulled all the datafrom Kessel and copied to Coruscant in his storagepool:

1706715480532.png

I had to nest everything by one level, under the "photodataset" dataset as discussed here.

Data replication looks OK, but now my issue is to use the nested ix-applications and import old photoprism application data.

If i try to setup app services, it creates a new ix-applications dataset right under storagepool.

What is the correct and safest procedure to do this? Since i have no backup, i don't want to mess with data in Kessel. I'm available to mess with the data in Coruscant since i can just rerun the replication to start from scratch if something goes wrong. You may ask why i don't have a backup: That's what i'm trying to achieve. Once Coruscant is setted up, my plan is to use Kessel as a backup.

NB: i don't know if this matters, but after the replication i noticed that i have two different versions:

Kessel: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2
Coruscant: TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.1

quasarlex

Dabbler
Any help? I'm stuck :(

chuck32

Guru
Data replication looks OK, but now my issue is to use the nested ix-applications and import old photoprism application data.

If i try to setup app services, it creates a new ix-applications dataset right under storagepool.
I don't use apps but I wouldn't mess with the ix-applications dataset.

Since i have no backup, i don't want to mess with data in Kessel.
Kessel is still running, so just create backup.

This and this should get you started.

quasarlex

Dabbler
I don't use apps but I wouldn't mess with the ix-applications dataset.

Kessel is still running, so just create backup.

This and this should get you started.
Thanks for the answer,

Sorry for the late response. Anyway i solved the issue since i found that using the standard truenas photoprism app i can manually set the database folder. So photoprism now is up and running on Coruscant with old data from Kessel.

The main question now is what if i want to use the truecharts one. I don't see in the settings anything like that.