CronJob - Copying files from a samba share to a TrueNAS share / folder

matclou

Dabbler
Hi!

I am currently running TVHeadend on a RaspberryPi. It stores recordings in a folger which is accessible via a Samba Share. Now I want to move the available files from this samba share to a folder within TrueNAS regularly, let us say once a day.

My idea was to accomplish this with a CronJob. Can I simply do this by using the following command? Is smbget available?

Code:
smbget -Rr smb:\\aaa.bbb.ccc.dd\recordings -U "USERNAME@PASSWORD" -o \\eee.fff.ggg.hhh\[FOLDER]

aaa.bbb.ccc.dd = IP adress of raspberry pi / tv headend

eee.fff.ggg.hhh = IP adress of TrueNAS

Best regards and thanks for you valuable comments!

PS: I am using TrueNAS-12.0-stable

Last edited:

matclou

Dabbler
And is it correct to use the IP Adresse of TrueNAS even though it is in the same directory? Or ist there another was to assess it?

Alecmascot

Guru

matclou

Dabbler
I had a closer look at the help and I understand that I cannot use the o- option because I want to copy a directory. But where is the standard path for downloads when I cannot specify the exact path - where could I find the downloaded files? Or should I use the standard output -O?

PS: I am now using:

Code:
smbget -Rr smb://aaa.bbb.ccc.dd/recordings -U USERNAME%PASSWORD

matclou

Dabbler
I would like to add something: Seems like the file is downloaded to the very root directory of freenas ... (root@freenas[~] in the shell) - Is there any way to change this?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
cd /target/directory first?

matclou

Dabbler
Good advice! :cool: I have to admit I first have to dive into this logic of commands. I think I will try to write something like a script to be able to combine multiple commands.