I have no write permission to my Truenas Samba share from either WIndows 11 or Ubuntu 23.04

truly12345

Cadet
Have installed Truenas Core on ProxMox VE.

I have set up a Samba share in Truenas on a 2TB SSD that has been passed through straight to Truenas By ProxMox VE.

This share is visible in all windows 11 boxes and all Ubuntu 23.04 boxes.... I have enabled guest access and browseable.

I cannot however create a folder or create a new file on the Truenas Share.

I get the message:

Destination folder access denied

You need permission to perform this action.

I attach screenshots of how the Samba share has been set up and the message I get on WIndows 11.

Can anyone advise please?

Attachments

• truenas error.png
    truenas error.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
  • truenas screenshot.png
    truenas screenshot.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 31

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Have installed Truenas Core on ProxMox VE.

I have set up a Samba share in Truenas on a 2TB SSD that has been passed through straight to Truenas By ProxMox VE.

This share is visible in all windows 11 boxes and all Ubuntu 23.04 boxes.... I have enabled guest access and browseable.

I cannot however create a folder or create a new file on the Truenas Share.

I get the message:

Destination folder access denied

You need permission to perform this action.

I attach screenshots of how the Samba share has been set up and the message I get on WIndows 11.

Can anyone advise please?
Windows generally will reject attempts to access shares with guest access enabled (security).

truly12345

Cadet
Windows generally will reject attempts to access shares with guest access enabled (security).
so how best to resolve this so that *all* windows boxes and how to solve Ubuntu 23.-04 as well as that has the same permissions issue.