Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Dabbler
My FreeNas box is finally online. I am getting these critical alerts

CRITICAL: Device: /dev/ada0, 1 currently unreadable (pending) sectors
CRITICAL: Device: /dev/ada0, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors
CRITICAL: Device: /dev/ada1, 4 currently unreadable (pending)sectors

(5) 2tb disks installed, only one of them is an used disk. Any idea how I can get around this? All disks show they are online.

Last edited:
Check all the cables and run some extended smart tests but you might as well plan to replace at least one drive.

Is this a new build or is there data already on the pool? If it's new did you do a proper burn in? Missing a lot of information that is needed to troubleshoot. Hardware specs is a must along with information about the pool.

Without posting that information all we are doing is shooting blind which is also a reason why I am one of the few touching this at this point.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updated-forum-rules-8-3-16.45124/

Romulus

Dabbler
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and my appologies for being vague in my post. This is a new build, so no data loss to worry about. I have not created a zpool yet. Below is my build
Supersonic X9SCM-F-0
Xeon E3-1240V2
Crucial 16 GB ECC unbuffered memory
(4) 2tb white label hard drives
(1) 2tb wd red

Right now I am unplugging hard drives to pin point the one generating the critical message. What do you mean by proper burn? My apologies, I am obviously a newbie. I need to spend more time figuring out where to find the full error messages in freenas so I can post the information here. Thanks for your help.

gpsguy

I wouldn't have chosen those white label drives for *my* FreeNAS box.

WL 2TB 64MB Cache 5400RPM SATA III (6.0Gb/s) 3.5" Internal Surveillance DVR Hard Drive - w/ 1 Year Warranty

Romulus

Dabbler
The withe label drives have the same specifications as the WD Red drives and if I am not mistaken they are manufactured by a reputable hard drive manufacturer.

Stux

MVP
White label drives are often used drives. With errors. Like you have. Google them.

Stux

MVP
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.