SOLVED Created Jail, can no longer see any other folders/files

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0de

Dabbler
I store all my media in /mnt/drive/media and I created a jail using the webui in /mnt/drive/media/jails/. I canceled the operation early on though, because I realized there is an official plugin (plex) and I figured it would be easier to set up that way.

Now I can no longer view any other files and folders in /mnt/drive/media except for my newly created jails directory and subdirectories.

When I navigate using both windows and linux machines as well as the freenas shell, I can only see my newly created jails directory. However each OS reports that the drive is half full indicating that my files are (hopefully) still in tact.

How can I restore my files in /mnt/drive/media? The volume is ZFS and I'm using freenas 9.3 stable.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
what does 'zfs list' give you? I suspect that you created a mount point over your media directory and just need to unmount it.

di0de

Dabbler
what does 'zfs list' give you? I suspect that you created a mount point over your media directory and just need to unmount it.

that makes sense, thanks for the help. zfs list does not list the missing directories, here are the results.

I think you're on to something though, because I was still able to watch my media on my openelec raspi with an nfs connection. So, I'm happy about that.

Moving forward, how do I to unmount the new directory to expose the old directory?

EDIT: this should probably be moved to storage help. I thought since it occured after I installed the jail it would be a plugin issue, but the solution probably involves filesystem commands (which I know little about).

EDIT2: I didn't get a chance to work on this until now, but unmounting the "new" mount point revealed the original mount point and all my shares are working again, yay! Thanks for your help SweetAndLow!

Code:
umount -f /mnt/drive/media

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.