- Aug 16, 2011
It's not like the request has been out there for five fscking years or anything...
Well that is a great thought, haven't done that..I had to move on so bit the bullet and started over and this time created the mirror first, then copied the data over (all this time, I had my fingers crossed that my backup drive would no die in the process) Will test this out in my lab to see if it still works with the legacy ui.Not much of a solution but have you tried using the legacy ui vice the new one in 11.2?
What were you doing, the original instructions for a un-encrypted pool or the revised set of instructions for an encrypted pool?I've followed these steps carefully but with 11.2 , this does not seem to work any more
The last step in the GUI to replace the disk shows no disks when you click "replace disk".
Hi...I was summoned back to this thread via email notifications. I was amused to re-read this thread and have zero recollection of this. I tend to forget a lot of stuff, which is why I like to write things down. I was about to wander away when I saw the skeptical comments about it no longer working. That invoked emotions (I get like that when I feel some advice is mistaken and unreasonably authoritive about it). But, I didn't know if it would still work. So I tried it.
I downloaded the latest version of FreeNAS as of this evening (FreeNAS 11). I created a VM and installed it. 1 OS drive, 2 data drives. When the OS was up, I used the FreeNAS GUI to create a single drive ZFS volume. Then I opened my steps documented in this thread and re-traced them. It worked completely fine. But since some folks need more convincing than others, I did a screencast of the whole damn thing, here:
Then I went on to throw down a post on my personal blog about this, with some tiny updates to the steps, here: https://dawning.ca/2017/freenas-11-add-a-drive-to-create-a-mirrored-zfs-volume/
I doubt these steps will go completely out-of-style any time soon, since I think doing so would mean deep changes to ZFS, which seems unnecessary. Anyway, it still works. Have fun. (and proceed at your own risk)
Please send a bug report. They have a number of things that are still broken in the new UI.
Yes, @danb35 is right. In the end of the tutorial (via CLI) I had this output:
So... what is my best chance to fix my problem? Backup all information and configure all again?
Perhaps not the GUI specifically, but the GUI and the new Middleware go hand-in-hand and were released at the same time and I have found a number of things that don't work the way they used to / should and (as far as I am concerned) that means they are broken. The root cause may even be in the underlying version of FreeBSD, but there are things that are just not working now.This may be true (though I haven't yet seen any), but @stlkr's issue has nothing whatsoever to do with the new UI.
After reboot, I have a different output:
root@freenas[~]# zpool attach Disco1 /dev/dee51a10-6414-11e9-b71e-3464a99a3b70 /dev/gptid/a1f796ce-b62f-11e9-afc0-3464a99a3b70 cannot attach /dev/gptid/a1f796ce-b62f-11e9-afc0-3464a99a3b70 to /dev/dee51a10-6414-11e9-b71e-3464a99a3b70: no such device in pool
What's the output of
root@freenas[~]# zpool status pool: Disco1 state: ONLINE scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0 days 02:50:04 with 0 errors on Sun Jul 14 02:50:07 2019 remove: Removal of vdev 1 copied 657M in 0h0m, completed on Sat Aug 3 14:24:262019 214K memory used for removed device mappings config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM Disco1 ONLINE 0 0 0 gptid/deeff679-6414-11e9-b71e-3464a99a3b70 ONLINE 0 0 0
root@freenas[~]# glabel status Name Status Components gptid/deeff679-6414-11e9-b71e-3464a99a3b70 N/A ada0p2 gptid/a6afc50d-b6dc-11e9-afc0-3464a99a3b70 N/A da0p1 gptid/10fde8bf-644f-11e9-a0a4-3464a99a3b70 N/A da1p1 gptid/4107440c-812b-11e9-906e-3464a99a3b70 N/A da2p2 gptid/dee51a10-6414-11e9-b71e-3464a99a3b70 N/A ada0p1 gptid/40cef60f-812b-11e9-906e-3464a99a3b70 N/A da2p1 gptid/1935d136-b7bf-11e9-93dc-3464a99a3b70 N/A ada1p1 gptid/1e28994f-b7bf-11e9-93dc-3464a99a3b70 N/A ada1p2