SOLVED Crashplan in VM only connecting with some machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
New to FreeNAS, but seem to be getting there.

Having looked through the threads I plumped for setting up CP through a virtualbox jail. I'm familiar with both linux and virtualbox, so didn't find it too difficult. I went for BunsenLabs OS as my linux distribution because I use it on my laptop, it's ubuntu-based and generally runs on less than 0.5GB RAM (so I've given it 1GB).

Here's the set up, I've got the FreeNAS and three laptops: one Macbook, one Windows and one Linux. All four backup to CP in the cloud and the three laptops backup to the FreeNAS too.

All four machines are happily backing up to the cloud, and I've successfully adopted my old server backup to the new FreeNAS box. What I'm having trouble with is the laptop-to-localserver connection.

I've spent the last two days running through the help on the CP website to try and get the Windows and Linux machine to connect. The Windows machine has managed to upload 94.3KB of data and the Linux machine went crazy for it one morning, but then I had to turn off the machine and have had no luck since. I figured it was an issue with my set up. However, today I installed CP on the Macbook and it has has no trouble whatsoever connecting with either the cloud OR the local FreeNAS back up.

What is the Mac doing right that the others aren't?

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
Well. Two minutes after I posted, and now the Windows machine has connected, and is merrily backing up to the FreeNAS box. Go figure.

tumblingthrough

Dabbler
And a few days later and everything is backed up. It just seems to take a while (sometimes 10 hours) for the machines to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.