SOLVED CPU/MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChriZ

Patron
The i3 I mentioned above costs about $115. You won't save money, but you will get a system much more powerful with the same budget.
Long story short, if you want to save money, get the most powerful system for the same amount of money.

Jasper9714

Dabbler
@ChriZ @BigDave I managed to shave off about $80 more, by indeed going with a dual core and a Micro-ATX motherboard:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
Motherboard: ASRock Rack C226M WS
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3E9SK2/16G

I guess a dual-core will have to do, and if I ever want to re-use that machine and find that the cpu isn't up to the task, I'll deal with it then.

Updated parts list:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
Motherboard: ASRock Rack C226M WS
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3E9SK2/16G
Storage: 2x 3TB Western Digital Red
Case: Antes ISK600M
PSU: Corsair VS350 80Plus

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Sorry for disappearing for a while, there was a few tornados around my home tonight,
I was checking on the offspring who all live near by. The morning light will show massive
damage to many homes and families, but my freinds and family managed to escape misfortune.

@Jasper9714 I think you have made some better choices and I'm happy you were able to save
some coin. The board can be used for a fine work station on down the road and will retain
value should you re-sell it. Given your budget constraints and limited (local) choices, you
did ok. Should you ever want to sell the cpu, there will be a wide market for it given the
thing will work in all 1150 motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.