Core to Scale, back to Core - shows update available, but it refers to Scale

Bikerchris

Patron
Hello all,

I did post this on Jira, but I thought I would duplicate it here in case I reported it incorrectly.

This isn’t incredibly important, but I noticed that when a machine is migrated to Scale, and then back to Core, the system will then show '"updates available" when it only refers to migrating back to Scale as an update.

Just to rephrase this, here is the sequence:

Existing Core install (up to date, no updates available)

Migration to Scale.

Revert back to Core boot.

Update status button shows, “Update available”.

If pressed and then the next page is not read properly, Scale will be re-installed.

This doesn't bother me personally, but new Core users that tried Scale and found it to be unsuitable for their needs, may find this to be a hindrance. I do understand that Scale now has a dedicated long term update path while Core doesn't, so we should all migrate to Scale in due course.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 16.10.35.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 16.10.41.png

Constantin

Vampire Pig
Nice to see you again. That is one hilarious bug. Hope we can convince @morganL and his crack bug-squatting squad to address it.

Bikerchris

Patron
Nice to see you again. That is one hilarious bug. Hope we can convince @morganL and his crack bug-squatting squad to address it.
Ah, glad to be back with something worth saying :smile:

I guess it'll be less important as Core install numbers gradually reduce. I'm still on Core but have one spare machine for Scale testing, it's still a little squirrelly with some apps.