copying files directly from one NAS to another

hi,

i use TrueNAS Scale 22.12 on my NAS-system.... over the time, i got about 10TB of data.

So i decided to build another NAS for backing up all the data from my main-NAS.
If the main-NAS gets destroyed (water-damage or something), that i have backed up my data on a different location (its on a different floor and location in the House)

Both NAS are in the same Network and connected with 2,5Gbit (every NAS has a 2,5Gbit-NIC, connected over a 2,5Gbit Switch).

I searched around (on different forums, google, etc.), but could not find a proper solution directly to my problem:

How i can copy files directly from the Main-NAS to the Backup-NAS, without running the data over a 3rd computer?
I tried to create a VM (windows 10) on one NAS connected with a VirtIO-NIC, but all i get is ~100MB/s Transfer-Rate (will probably come from the fact that it first reads the data from one NAS and then transfers it to the other NAS instead of pushing the data through directly), although every NAS on its own can use the full bandwith of the 2,5Gbit-interfaces, so theoreticly over 230MB/s should be possible

I am not the Linux Pro,... i use mostly Windows-machines & VMs and share the files with SMB.

ATM i backup the files diretly with a USB-HDD directly attached to the NAS and copy files with Midnight Commander to the external HDD.
Is there a way over MC to connect with the other NAS (UNC-Path or something)?

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer