Connecting to an OpenVPN service does not change the IP address

bpjl

Cadet
Hi,

Some time ago I started TrueNAS at my friend's home office. Everything works flawlessly all the time, but now my colleague thought he would like to have access to files also from outside the office.

I knew it was possible to run the OpenVPN server service included in TrueNAS. I decided to check this possibility at home, temporarily turning the second computer into a TrueNAS server.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the connection. Using the phone as a test client, I can connect to a running VPN server, but the phone's public IP remains unchanged. It looks like it has connected to a VPN service but no tunnel has been created. In such a situation, I cannot access any data.

My home router's public IP is 89.68.55.69. Connecting to OpenVPN with TrueNAS looks like this:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

And here is the NAS IP and server configuration:

ip maszyny.jpg serv conf.jpg

I think that my home router is correctly configured because I also use a private VPN running on Win10 and there is no problem there. With each connection, the client's public IP changes to the IP of the home router and I can easily access the shared data.

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg

Could someone please help me find a configuration bug?