Connecting computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroyrondo

Cadet
I need help with connecting multiple computers to my FreeNas. I just finished building it, and got it running. I can read and write just fine from my MacBook Pro and my Windows 7 PC. My Nas is set up with CIFS, allowing guest access. But for some reason, I can only read from the Nas on another computer on the network running windows 7. I have a user set up for me and one for family access, but whenever I change the permissions for the family account write access, it doesn't save and reverts to the default settings. I have added this account to the group 'nobody', and 'nobody' is the guest account. I want to be able to have read and write access on the guest account, but can't get it to happen. How do I change this and keep the settings saved?

D

dlavigne

whenever I change the permissions for the family account write access, it doesn't save and reverts to the default settings. I have added this account to the group 'nobody', and 'nobody' is the guest account. I want to be able to have read and write access on the guest account, but can't get it to happen. How do I change this and keep the settings saved?

Where are you changing the permissions and how? eg on the FreeNAS side or on the Windows side?

D

dlavigne

Don't change the permissions on the FreeNAS side. Once a computer can connect through the share, fine-tune the permissions from the Windows system.

Status
Not open for further replies.